Frequently Asked Questions
Can I come and view the park?
Absolutely! We’d love to show you around. To arrange an appointment give us a call on 01347 878508 or email us: [email protected]
Can I use my holiday home year round?
Your holiday home is available to use from the beginning of the season on 1st March for a 10 month period, up to the 1st of January.
How are gas, electric, water, sewage and rates charged for?
Water, sewage and rates are all included in the ground rent. Charges apply for gas and electric according to usage. (See below)
Can I choose my own make and model of holiday home?
Yes, it is possible to choose your own make and model, however we do have a range of holiday homes already on pitches which are available to buy. If you want to choose your own, we would be happy to assist with this and the pitch would be subject to availability. Please give us a call or email us to find out more.
How long can the holiday home stay on the park?
Holiday homes can stay on the park for up to 20 years.
Am I allowed to sublet my holiday home?
Holiday homes are for your own enjoyment and that of your close family, so we do not allow the subletting of holiday homes.
Can I live in my holiday home full time?
Holiday homes are for holiday purposes only and are to be used just for holidays. It is not permitted for you to live in your holiday home full time.
|10 Months (01 Mar 2022 to 01 Jan 2023)
||£2,870 + gas & electric
||Metered and invoiced annually. £2.42 per cubic metre**
||Metered and invoiced annually. 27p per kWhr**
|Water, sewerage and rates
||Included in the site fees.
||Insurance is required but we do not provide this. Typical rates are around £12/year per £1000 insured.
** Listed energy prices are a snapshot of the prices on 1 April 2022. Gas and electricity prices are subject to change.
Important Info & Downloads
Static Pitch Booking Form (DOCX 71KB)
Additional Site Rules for Holiday Home Owners
- Subletting is not permitted; only immediate family are permitted users.
- The general site rules for York Meadows should be read and adhered to when staying at York Meadows; they ALL apply to holiday home owners.
- The Park and caravans are for holiday purposes only and must not be used as a place of residence.
- “For sale” notices shall not be posted without prior discussion with us. Any caravan resale/replacement must be managed through and approved by York Meadows.
- Maximum age of caravan is 20 years old. No resale permitted after 15 years old.
- All caravans and pitches to be kept clean and tidy. We will cut grass around the pitch but it is your responsibility to cut grass under and around the caravan. The edge of the hardstanding is to always be clear of items eg. solar lights, to ensure ease of mowing. A charge will be levied if work is required by us in your absence.
- York Meadows rubbish bins are only provided for rubbish created whilst staying at York Meadows. Please help control this escalating environmental and financial cost by using local recycling centres wherever possible.
- Any form of digging, planting, building, erection of structures on or around your pitch is not allowed unless by specific prior authorisation.
- Holiday Homes with timber balconies should be either unstained or stained in a dark oak colour.
- Only two cars are permitted for each holiday home pitch.
- Third party/public liability caravan insurance is mandatory. By paying your pitch fees you confirm you have this insurance.
- We recommend that a ‘new for old’ insurance policy (for full reinstatement value) should be purchased, as York Meadows policy is to only accept new static caravans onto the site, not second hand.
- An up to date gas safety certificate is strongly recommended for your caravan.
- We do not accept liability for minor damage which may be caused during ordinary grounds keeping activity eg. mowing / hedge cutting, which by nature, occurs in very close proximity to your caravan.
- The Park does not accept any responsibility for personal injury, inconvenience, loss of property or damage to property which may occur when in use, in transit, in storage or when staying at York Meadows, caused outside the reasonable control of the park owner.
View homes for sale